To use Quip and Salesforce together, you'll need the Quip Connect package from Salesforce AppExchange. With Quip Connect for Salesforce, you can bring your customer data into the documents your entire company is working on. You'll also be able to export Salesforce data into Quip docs and spreadsheets, or access Quip documents right from Salesforce with the custom Quip Component.
Before you embark on the steps below, make sure you already have Quip Connect installed and configured.
To open a Salesforce report in Quip
1. Go to the “Open Report in Quip” Tab in Salesforce.
2. Choose any report to and click on “Open in Quip.” This will create a corresponding Quip document. Every time you open that document, it will pull the latest data from the report.
3. Use the “Live Data” button to change data settings, open the report in Salesforce or view the report owner.
By default, the Quip spreadsheet will pull in updated data from Salesforce each time it's opened. You can also manually refresh the data by selecting “Refresh Now.”
Also note, if the owner (the person who exported the report) is removed from the document, the data will be disconnected from Salesforce for security reasons.
To link quip documents to Accounts, opportunities, or contacts
1. Open the Quip component on an account, opportunity, or contact.
2. Click “New Document” to create a new Quip document or spreadsheet associated with the account, opportunity, or contact. Anything you create here will be automatically attached to the account, contact or opportunity.
3. Start typing a document or spreadsheet's name in the text box to locate that item, and attach it.
Click “Go to Quip” (bottom of Quip component) to jump into Quip.