Using Quip and Salesforce together is a great way to get your team in sync and communicate in one, central hub. Follow the steps below to get started.
What kind of Quip customer are you?
- If you're a Quip for Salesforce customer, you can set up the native Salesforce integrations built in to Quip, and we highly encourage you to do so.
Setting up Native Salesforce integrations
Just a few questions and you'll be up and running in no time:
- Are you the Salesforce and Quip admin for your team?
- Yes: Great! You can move to step 2.
- No: Contact your admin. Only the Salesforce and Quip admin can complete this guide.
- Do you already have a Quip site for your team?
- Yes: Fantastic! You can move to step 3.
- No: Set up Quip for your team and learn best practices about getting your team up and running with a new Quip site.
- Are you using the Salesforce Lightning Experience?:
- In Salesforce lightning, go to Setup and enter Quip in the Quick Find box.
- Complete the steps (Good news: You've already completed the first step)
During installation, you can visit the Quip Admin Console to generate a Client Secret and a Client ID.
- No: If you're using Salesforce Classic, you need to switch to Salesforce Lightning Experience to install the Quip Integrations.
- Yes: Wonderful. Just follow the steps below:
How to Use Native Salesforce Integrations
Open a Report in Quip
Now that you've set everything up, learn how to take full advantage of Quip’s living documents by working with connected report data in a Quip spreadsheet.
For Salesforce Developers
If you are operating with more than one Salesforce site connected to Quip, please utilize separate browser profiles, such as Chrome People, to manage your accounts. Using Incognito windows to manage profile changes creates a conflict and prohibits multiple accounts logging in. Using separate browser profiles works well. To learn more about Chrome People, please see this link.