Chat Rooms are customizable chat channels for ongoing group conversations. Pro tip: favorite any frequently used Chat Room to pin it to your Quip sidebar.
The major features of the chat room are:
- Integration with Quip contacts and documents - We recognize links and @-mentions to Quip documents and highlight them on the side of the chat.
- Integrations with third party services - Monitor any relevant service like customer support ticketing, ops monitoring, and Twitter
- Send attachments and files - Drag and drop files into the chat composer to send to people in the Chat Room.
- Create a document with the people in the Chat Room
- Perform “slash command” shortcuts - Shortcut commands for fun things like gifs and memes, but also for practical purposes like inviting a user to a chat or “liking”.
Who can view a Chat Room?
To view a Chat Room, you must create the Chat Room or be added by another collaborator. You can see everyone that is included in a Chat Room by clicking the plus icon on the share icon in the top of the Quip window.
How do I add people to a Chat Room?
Add collaborators to a Chat Room by clicking on the Share icon in the top of the Quip window > Add by Name or Email