Quip gives your team one place to centralize all of your information, making it a much faster to search for and find what you need. You can locate a search bar at the top right of your screen in the desktop or browser version of Quip and at the top of your Inbox in the mobile version of Quip. Quip's search works across all documents and messages that you have ever created or sent.
Quip offers two great ways to search for your work:
1. Full Screen History Search
2. Search Operators
Full Screen History Search
To access the full screen history search, select History in your Quip sidebar then select See All...
From this view, you can sort by the following stats:
- Last Opened
This view is particularly helpful when you are searching for a document you recently viewed or edited but one with a title you cannot remember. This feature also allows a fine-tuned way of filtering your most recent touched documents, quickly favoriting more than one document or folder at once, and searching for a document by its author.
A powerful aspect of Quip's search engine is the search operators. Operators let you pivot your search around people and folders to help you find stuff instantly:
- When is my lunch meeting? I know it's at the top of the agenda Sue just sent. (agenda from:sue)
- What dessert is Roger bringing to the neighborhood potluck? I know his name is next to the course in the menu. (potluck mention:roger)
- Take me to the task list in the Marketing team folder. (tasks in:marketing)
Full list of search operators:
- @: ...behaves like mention:
- subject: ...behaves like title: