Here at Quip, we love that so many of our customers (that's you!) use our product for personal tasks in addition to work. We also recognize that both employees and employers want to keep the personal and the professional in separate places. That's what the Account Switcher makes possible: The ability to move easily back and forth between a work and personal account, each fully-featured and secure. By following the steps below, you can make sure you don't invite your boss to collaborate on your birthday party planning doc... unless you meant to!
To set up a personal account in Quip, take the following steps.
1. Click the Account Menu. You can find the Account Menu in the upper-left corner of your screen.
2. Click “Add Personal Account".
3. Enter your personal email address in the “Add Account” dialog. If you already have a separate personal Quip account, you can link it to your professional account here by entering the email address associated with your personal account. Once you click “Add Personal Account,” you’ll be taken to a web page where you can complete setup.
4. Once you've set a password for your new account, check your personal email account and click the “Set up your account” button in the email you receive.
5. Select personal contacts. See How do I select personal contacts in Quip? for detailed instructions.
Once you select personal contacts, you’ll see a confirmation dialog.
Any documents and folders shared exclusively with contacts you've identified as personal will be moved to your personal account, as well.