Quip is built for teams. It works best when your whole team is on board because your team, your work, and your conversations are in one place which gives everyone access and visibility to everything. We’ve put together a customizable email template you can send to your team to help them get started using Quip to collaborate, communicate, and be more productive. Welcome aboard!
- Copy the template below.
- Customize any [bolded] text.
- Add additional context to help your team understand how and why you're adopting Quip.
- Remove anything that isn't relevant for your team.
- Send the email to your team and ask them to reply with any questions or comments in your Quip chat room.
Customize your email template
You may have heard through the grapevine that we’re moving to Quip for internal team collaboration and communication.
Quip is a new way to collaborate with your team that combines documents, spreadsheets, and chat in one seamless experience. Quip is great for managing projects, finalizing budget plans, sharing meeting notes, and staying connected every step of the way. I'm so excited about this change and I think you're going to love it too.
Having our work and our conversations in one place will help us work together better and faster, rather than jumping around between emails and IMs, looking for files, and switching between a bunch of other applications. Everything in Quip is automatically shared in real-time, accessible, and searchable.
Before we get started, please get yourself set up:
- Head over here: [team URL] and sign up with your work email. There are already [# of people on Quip] on Quip from [name departments/teams], so join us!
- Download the apps for desktop and mobile for a much better experience.
- Check out Quip's Get Started and video guides.
What can Quip do for you?
- Every doc and spreadsheet has chat built into it, so you can talk about work where work is done.
- Add transparency and visibility to your team's projects and deliverables.
- Speed up feedback and decision making.
- Make it easier to find information and documents, thanks to Quip's shared folders and awesome search.
- Eliminate internal email. With work and chat in one place, you will never email a teammate again.
- Quip has award winning mobile and tablet apps - it's easy staying connected on the go.
If you have questions about our Quip site, please post in the [your company-name chat room] chat room in Quip and @mention my name there. If you have to, send an email to [your email address here], but these are the kind of inquiries best dealt with in Quip. If you have general questions about Quip, their Getting Started Guides are great resources.
[Fill in with any other next steps if applicable]
Thanks and looking forward to working with you in Quip!
- Best practice for inviting teammates to Quip