Using Quip and Salesforce together is a great way to get your team in sync and communicate in one, central hub. Follow the steps below to get started.
What kind of Quip customer are you?
- If you're a Quip Enterprise customer, you can set up the native Salesforce integrations built in to Quip, and we highly encourage you to do so.
- If you're a user on a Quip trial, you can integrate Salesforce by installing the Quip Connect AppExchange Package.
For Quip Enterprise customers
Setting up Native Salesforce integrations
Just a few questions and you'll be up and running in no time:
- Are you the Salesforce and Quip admin for your team?
- Yes: Great! You can move to step 2.
- No: Contact your admin. Only the Salesforce and Quip admin can complete this guide.
- Do you already have a Quip site for your team?
- Yes: Fantastic! You can move to step 3.
- No: Set up Quip for your team and learn best practices about getting your team up and running with a new Quip site.
- Are you using the Salesforce Lightning Experience?:
- No: If you're using Salesforce Classic, you need to switch to Salesforce Lightning Experience to install the Quip Integrations.
- Yes: Wonderful. Just follow the steps below:
- Go to Setup and enter Quip in the Quick Find box.
- Complete the steps (Good news: You've already completed the first step)
During installation, you can visit the The Quip Business Portal to generate a Client Secret and a Client ID.
How to Use Native Salesforce Integrations
Open a Report in Quip
Now that you've set everything up, learn how to take full advantage of Quip’s living documents by working with connected report data in a Quip spreadsheet.
For Users on a Quip Trial
Setting up the Quip Connect AppExchange Package
By installing Quip Connect for Salesforce, you can bring your customer data into the things your entire company is working on.
- Head over to the Salesforce AppExchange page for Quip Connect.
- Click “Get It Now,” then log in with your Salesforce credentials.
- Follow the instructions, and enjoy.
How to use the Connect AppExchange Package
Using Quip Connect (Open Reports in Quip)
This KB article walks you through how to open a Salesforce report in Quip after you get the Quip Connect package from Salesforce App Exchange.