The “Favorites” section of your Quip sidebar is where your members can add shortcuts to the documents (and chats, and folders) that they need easy access to. You, as an admin, can set things up so specific documents are already favorited for your members. It's a handy way to steer them toward wikis, project plans, briefs, or other documents that might be helpful to everyone on a team.
All you need to do is:
- Go the document you want to add to everyone's Favorites. Go to the Share menu, and select “Get Link.”
- Set it to “View and Edit,” then click “Copy” to copy the URL.
- Go to the admin console.
- Go to the "Settings" tab, then select "User Defaults" then "Add Content"
- Paste the URL into the “Default Sidebar Contents” section.
- Click "Return" and the document will show up in members' sidebars, as if by magic. But it 's not magic. It's Quip.