Are you familiar with Granular Permissions? Quip recently altered how to share by enabling your teams to share the right information with the right people. If you would like to brush up on your fundamental understanding of or the purpose for Granular Permissions, please read this article!
Quip has iterated upon the existing Granular Permissions permission set, with the express goal of improving the sharing experience while utilizing Quip for Customer 360 users. Synced sharing is set at the org level and not at the user level. Keep in mind that synced sharing applies to users who already have access to the record. For example, if you choose Comment Access, all users from your org with access to a record can comment on its linked Quip documents.
- If synced sharing is enabled and a document is shared with a user directly in Quip, the user is granted whichever access level is highest. If the user has Can Edit access in Quip but synced sharing is set to Comment Access, then the user has edit access to the document.
- Synced sharing is based on a user’s access to a Salesforce record, not that user’s level of access.
- If a user edits a linked Quip document, removing that user’s access to the record doesn’t remove access to the linked document.
- Synced sharing is org-wide and can’t be customized based on the record or document shared. If synced sharing is enabled, all linked Quip documents inherit the same access level across all records.
Step by step instructions for admins:
Before you begin this process, ensure that your Quip site is connected to Salesforce. If you have not competed this yet, navigate to Setup
- Go to https://admin.quip.com.
- Log in using your Quip admin email and password.
- From Settings , select Salesforce.
- In the Connected Salesforce Organizations section, click the dropdown caret next to the org that you want to manage access to.
- Click Edit Access Level from the dropdown and choose the access level for Quip documents linked to Salesforce records. Users have Comment Access by default.
- Make sure you click Save.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to our support team by creating a Support Case in Salesforce!