Slash commands are a shortcut syntax that can be used in Quip chats to perform actions. To do a slash command, type “/” and the command. Press enter to execute the command.
Quip has slash commands for fun things like gifs and memes, but also for practical purposes like inviting a user to a chat.
You can bring up a list of commands by typing “/” in the message composer.
Here is a list available slash commands:
- /memes - Customize popular memes
- /giphy - Insert a random GIF based a search term
- /help - Brings up help dialog and link to support page
- /invite - Type a contact's name after to invite to your chat
- /like - Like the last message in the chat thread
- /sayas - Create memes from your contacts' profile pictures by typing “/sayas” then @-mentioning a content and the text you want overlaid on the photo.